Dear Residents surrounding the Kawartha Lakes:
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION….NO MATTER WHAT LAKE YOU ARE ON….THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!
On Monday, September 17th our rice problem reached a new level! Two individuals in an airboat were seen and videoed SEEDING the Eastern Shore of Pigeon Lake just feet off of our docks! This went on for about 4 hours and they continued to SEED all of the open water areas. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH….This is horrifying and totally unacceptable!
As you are aware, we have been trying to find a solution to the rice growth in the Kawartha Lakes. We have been in contact over the last 7 years with our Governments in the hope they would do something about the seeding and commercial harvesting. To date no solution has been found.
I have sent the attached letter to the Director of Ontario Waterways, Parks Canada with cc.’s To The Prime Minster of Canada, The Ministry of the Environment, The Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs, The Federal MPP of Peterborough County, The Ontario MP Of Peterborough and Selwyn Council.
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO END THIS ATROCITY!
- The only way we can make a difference is if we all SPEAK UP! You can help by writing your thoughts to all of the above or anyone else that will listen. Have your kids, grandkids and friends write a letter too.
- We need to reach out and find some professionals or volunteers who can help us with this mess. Surely someone in this great country of ours would step up to help stop this injustice.
- Please forward this email to others you know who are enjoying the pristine Kawartha Lakes. Seeding has taken place in all three tri-lakes plus Stoney Lake. Your lake could be next!
- Do you know anyone who would have an interest in reviewing this Issue and advising us how to approach our Government for assistance?
- You can also help by asking your friends to send a note to email@example.com to be put on our mailing list.
For those of you who have not been affected by this….Try to imagine how it would feel after working long and hard to acquire your lakefront dream home and having someone just feet off the end of your dock dropping seed into the water. How would you feel? PLEASE HELP!
Spokesperson – Save Pigeon Lake Initiativeby